Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 63

Thread: Too Old?

  1. #41
    Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2006
    Posts
    482
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Erin!

    Welcome to HB!

    I'm 34 and started collecting AG for my DD, now almost 4, last December by purchasing Marisol on a whim right before she sold out. I got Kit in February then Holly and Jess (who is in hiding, sorry dolly police!) in April.

    Although I started buying AG items under the guise of it all being for my DD, I must admit that I'm completely hooked and love playing with all of it just as much as DD does, and probably more! I'd wanted an AG doll for a long time before last Dec and Marisol just got me hook, line and sinker!

    Be careful, as you've been forewarned, the AG Force is very strong and hard to resist here. There are just way to many cute pictures posted here to resist giving in for too long!

    What is your dolls' name? I don't believe I saw in in your posts. I hope you make many wonderful friends here on HB and I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

    Welcome again,

    Katie

  2. #42
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The oldest dolls (generally before Felicity came out) have "white bodies" that are actually a slightly off-white shade of muslin. My Kirsten is white-bodied or "WB" as they say here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    The first two shots on this page show a bit of her white body, though she's too modest for you to see any more of it!

    http://www.juliestudio.com/kirsten/032206.html

  3. #43
    Inactive Member sparklyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Got it, thanks!

    Katie - I just call my doll 'Little Erin' since she's from the 'Just Like You'/'AGoT' collection. I know, totally not creative. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    What does 'PM' mean (not in the context of 'private message' ?)

    Erin

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 24, 2006 12:41 AM: Message edited by: sparklyyy ]</font>

  4. #44
    Inactive Member wicksasc's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2005
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board! I started collecting these fabulous dolls when I was 30. You are never too old for dolls. PM when not used to mean Private Message, means Pre-Mattel, meaning Pleasant Company products produced before 1998 when they were sold to Mattel.
    ~Stacie

  5. #45
    Inactive Member schillil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2006
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, if you're too old to start doll collecting than I'm in trouble. I'm 28 and got my first doll last February. I'll say the AG force is strong. It convinced me to learn to knit, sew, quilt, and all sorts of outandish "girl-stuff".

    My mother jokingly looks at the ceiling while watching me play with my 3 year old cousin and her dolls and says, "See, mom? I kept telling you she would turn into a girl someday." It is the running joke in our family.

    Anyhow, welcome to the board and my the force be with you. And if you are a Bard fan/trekkie: May angles and Minister's of grace defend us. -If nothing else than from our selves.

  6. #46
    Inactive Member AngieBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hooray for never being too old for dolls! I got my first AG for my 9th birthday, and next month, I'll be getting my 9th AG (Emily)for my 25th birthday! I never went through a phase even as a teen of thinking I was too old. At least one doll came with me to live in my college dorm- I switched out whenever I went home. Samantha tagged along on my Disney college program. I've had a doll tucked into my backpack at the airport on more than one trip. Honestly, if it were considered socially acceptable, I'd take a doll with me to cuddle at work. I have on occassion carried a doll in public though (Halloween is always a great excuse because they can be a prop for your costume). I can't tell you how many times people have mistaken one of my dolls for a real child!

    My mom has 3 AGs that sit on Addy's bed on top of her dresser and she's 58!

    Welcome to a whole new world of AG passion!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 24, 2006 01:18 PM: Message edited by: AngieBelle ]</font>

  7. #47
    Inactive Member sparklyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I'm so glad to find out that there are so many adults into AG. I was recently in Los Angeles and my friend and I saw AG Place at the Grove. 'WOW,' is all I have to say to that. I could've gone seriously nuts in there but the damage was limited to my AGoT (Little Erin) and Coconut. ;-)

    Erin

  8. #48
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess by now you can tell you are never to old for any AG item.

    My daughter was 23 when I gave her her first and only 18" doll. I got her the spa chair and doll. We thought the spa chair was so very cute. Well since then I have now gotten myself all the historical dolls and have taken over her doll Fiffy plus a pair of Bitty Twins. I think she is much happier now. My daughter will help me set up the dolls and change their clothes. Right now she is into Angelina.

    4th

    Now Fiffy is happy playing with the other girls.


    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] & [img]smile.gif[/img] VBFF

  9. #49
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi! Welcome to the board! I'm in High School and I've been collecting since I was 5. I used to be hesitant to tell my friends about the dolls - even as a little girl I was the most into them out of all of my friends - but now we have quite the AG cult at our school/work... My one friend has three dolls who sometimes appear in my locker, and enjoys making historical costumes; another girl at work is actually a member of the board (who would've guessed!); and my Euro teacher from last year is unknowingly being converted to AG fandom, as I occasionally send her pictures of the girls or things they have written, in hopes to win her over. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I don't think you can ever really grow out of the dolls. For awhile I'd play with them by myself, acting out elaborate stories while my sister (who was too young for dolls then) would watch, and now we play with them together. I went through a period where I'd only change their outfits, but now they follow me everywhere. My dad jokes that I'm going to take one to the PSAT - Traveling Felicity WILL be coming to school with me, so we'll see about that. [img]wink.gif[/img] They've always been a part of my life though - in ninth and some of tenth grade, when I was most ashamed of them, I'd write stories about them and delve deeper into their personalities.

    Anyway, enough about me. May I complement you on your choice of AGT/JLY doll?! 23 is such a beauty. Mine is named Harper Lee Simmons, after the author of To Kill a Mockingbird.

  10. #50
    Inactive Member sparklyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Kit, Kat, and Friends:
    May I complement you on your choice of AGT/JLY doll?! 23 is such a beauty.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why thank you! I like the name you picked out for yours (and I love that book!). Maybe I should be more creative and pick a name that's better than 'Little Erin'! That's cool that you guys have friends/family that are totally cool about your collections. Unfortunately, I still feel that being a near-college grad, I couldn't add to my collection much or ask for AG-related gifts without a few eyebrow being raised.

    Erin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •